[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 13 21:56:07 CDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> And I picked 33mhz bus (could be 100mhz internally) because everything
> I've heard suggests that designing boards becomes much harder after 33mhz.

It's possible to wirewrap 50MHz if you're careful.  100MHz is possible on
a 2-layer board if you're clever, though the ground plane on a 4-layer
makes it much easier.

Once upon a time many years ago I did work with microwave stripline,
anyone play with this stuff?  It's like translating coax transmission line
design onto printed circuit boards.

-James [thank god for PCB Express]