[rescue] Cray J90s

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 12 16:45:19 CDT 2001

On June 12, James Sharp wrote:
> > They are both J90s though, and at those prices, a dual Athlon system will exceed them in gigflops per dollar, and total gigaflops.  (Two 1.4ghz Athlons would get you about 4 gigaflops).
>
> I'm going to hide before McGuire reaches critical mass.

  Now James...That was me before I was trying to control my blood
pressure.  Nowadays I will simply try to educate the misinformed...not
toast them.  It's not their fault...truly accurate information is
very, very hard to find on subjects like this.  For supercomputers,
the documentation is never released to the public.  For PeeCee
processors, the glossy MARKETING information is forced down the
public's throats.

           -Dave McGuire