[rescue] Free goodies (northern CA)

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 12 09:19:51 CDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, amy wrote:

> you forgot the lawnmower (steel), the pool filter (high impact plastic
> stuff, glass,  5 lbs of diatomaceous earth), the old pool filter (pvc,
> fabric), the pool toys (styrofoam), the 300 dollar water bills where
> he's figured out how to turn on the outside faucet, the pool slide
> (fiberglass), the beach ball (plastic), the equipment (don't ask), the
> coax cable for the tv (plastic, wire), the concrete blocks holding up
> the antennae (cement), the mulberry tree (wood), his airline cable
> (steel), the dogloo(pvc), his 6'x 6' kennel(galvanized fencing), one
> door(particle board), a deck box (pvc), his water pot (5 gallon cheapie
> stock pot), and 40lbs of dog food a week.

All I can say is wow.

> *sigh* i love my 180lb tasmanian devil. :)
> p.s. this is completely normal for a healthy, happy saint bernard.

But then my sister's terror beast is only 75 or 80 (or maybe 90, he's been
putting on weight) pounds. I actually get along fine when left alone with
the beast.  It's just that when my sister or mother are around, he knows
he will get sympathy if he goes to them rather that listen to me.  They
are too soft on the beast.

Should I ever get a dog (something that will only happen if I have a wife
or child who really wants one), it will not be a St Bernard, nor will it
be a flat coated retriever, nor will it be a small dog.  Personally, I
think German Shepards seem reasonable.  Heck, any of the so called
viscious dogs (Rotweiler, Doberman, etc) seem reasonable, so long as they
are gotten from a very reputable dealer who is known for dogs with good
temperment.  I think I would most likely get along best with that sort of
dog.  I don't know why.  They just seem like no non-sense dogs to me.  And
from what I've heard, it is easier to control their destructive behaviours
than St. Bernards or small dogs.

--
Joshua Boyd