[rescue] Installing OpenBSD on a Sparc2

Simeon Johnston rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 11:05:32 CDT 2001

I am finally getting around to installing OpenBSD 2.9 on that old
SPARCstation 2.  I am trying to use a mac to install the OS but I don't
know the settings.  I've tried 9600 baud and lower but didn't get
anything from the sparc.  The console app is set to 8N1 and I know that
is correct.

I am plugged into the *A* DB-25 port and disconnected the KB and mouse.
Should I pull the video card also?  Didn't think that mattered.
I'll try pulling the vid card and the extra expansion card (SCSI,
Ethernet and DB-25 port - that may be causing the problem also) and see
what happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

sim