[rescue] Installing Sol 8 on SS5

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 11 04:16:28 CDT 2001

Okay, I finally got my other SS5 (one with  64MB of RAM in it).
It came with Linux installed, but I didn't even bother to check it out and went
straight to installing Solaris 8.  Unfortunately, since it wanted a 512MB swap file or
larger to do the install, I ended up using a Micropolis 3.6GB drive intended as an
upgrade for my webserver.  So I format it and partition it (almost 3 hours of time), and
then I get connected command errors.  What is going on?

Now I'm installing Solaris 7 because I wasted so much time with 8, and Sol 7 is going
smoothly, nothing wrong so far.  Any suggestions?  I was hoping it'd be something
new to try, and noticed there's more programs on sunfreeware.com for Solaris 8.

Paul