[rescue] Today's swap, SS1000, Sun trackballs

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 9 13:47:28 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Foothill Swap was good today. I only spent a little bit more than I sold,
for the first time in a long time (if ever)  :-) I didn't sell the two Sun
trackballs I took, so if anyone on the list wants one, let me know in
private email. Details at http://www.itacsystems.com/profess.htm ... it's
the B-SUNMD, and I have a couple of them between home and storage.

Anyway, I got a pair of SS1000E boards, one with dual SM81 and one with
dual SM61, both with memory. Is it safe to assume that I can't run them
side by side in the same SS1000E? I do have a matching SM81x2 board
already, so I should be able to get the system up to 4 SM81 and 544MB of
RAM if I get around to bringing the chassis upstairs from the car.

Assuming I can't mix speeds, and assuming they work, I'll probably be
looking to get rid of the SM61s, probably with a 501-2766 board and some
8MB simms. The board has a broken simm slot, but the other three banks
should work. Once again, if anyone's interested, drop me a note offlist
and I'll keep you posted on progress of the testing.

Also ended up with what appears to be a little SGI Challenge S series box,
sans power supply, with a dual wide scsi card in it. May have to find a
mini-ATX power supply and see if I can get it to do anything interesting.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows