[SunRescue] Max harddisk size for Sun Sparc 20

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 5 11:14:48 CDT 2001

> Then again I tried it with 4GB, thank God this time it
> works.
> The hd model for 4GB(Seagate ST34371WC), 9GB(Seagate
> ST39103LC) and 18GB(Seagate ST318404LC).
> Is it b'coz SS20 can only support SCSI-2 fast wide
> interface harddisk(model no. ends with "WC") and not
> Low Voltage Differential(model no. ends with "LC") ?
> Or I didn't put a terminator for the unipack ? I
> thought 611 casing unipack no need terminator ?

By my knowledge :::
LVD Drives have no terminators on them.  611 cases are auto-terminating.
Seagate LVD drives may have to be jumpered fo the "force SE" setting to
work.
the SS20 will support 9/18/36Gig drives, it's whether the OS will supportthe
disk size / partition sizes as large as you can make on such a disk.

> Does someone out there currently having a 9GB or 18GB
> hd in SS20 ? May I know what is the model no. ?

I have run a Seagate 39103LC in a SS20 myself, worked like a champ under
Solaris 7 and Solaris 8.
I currently have a Quantum atlas V 18.3 Gig running in a SS5/70 under
Solaris 2.6 or 7 (can't remember which...) with nary a hiccup...  Both have
the "force SE" jumpers set.