[SunRescue] OT: AS/400 stuff

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 4 21:53:40 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 07:20:44PM -0700, Paul Khoury wrote:
> Does anyone here know a lot about AS/400's?
> I know someone who has a 3174 for sale, is this worth buying?
> I have a 9402-200 AS/400 that I'd like to get running someday (If I
> can get a copy of the OS).  Also, does anyone know what RAM it uses?
> I just got a PS/2 Model 95 from the same people, I thought I might be able to
> use the RAM in the AS/400 also as it appears to be parity or ECC.
> THanks all,
> Paul

Dont bother with the AS/400 - if it didnt come with OS/400, you will
find it *imposible* to get for the older CISC-based boxes.  For the
PPC-based machines, its easier, but still hard.  I had a small
AS/400 model 200 box, and ended up almost giving it away just to get
rid of it after spending 3 weeks trying to get an OS.

Sad, but true.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford