[SunRescue] Dead Sparc NVRAMS

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 2 19:45:32 CDT 2001

There was an e-mail posted to the group here a while back detailing a workaround for the new
NVRAM Problem  I can confirm personally that it works...

I went to the OBP Prom, started the NVRAMRC editor ....

nvedit

then entered 4 lines...

probe-all
install-console
banner
boot

then <ctrl-c> and
nvstore
reset

worked just fine.  the IPX i did it in boots headless and comes up with no problems.

George