[rescue] Non-SGI fddi in SGI?

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 12:13:52 CDT 2001

>You have an octane PCI cage?  Lucky bastard, how'd you do it?  The best
>I've seen is ~999, or what I paid for my octane.
>	Nick
>
>On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Jonathan Katz wrote:
>
>>  Daniel wrote:
>>  > Does anybody know if DEC or Cisco fddi adaptors will work with IRIX?
>>
>>  Not offhand. What does http://www.reputable.com/indytech.html say? Although
>>  geared to Indys it should have a link to some I2-info pages, right? (Been a
>>  while since I did the SGI thang.)
>>
>>  > I'm thinking of putting FDDI on my SGI box but I don't want to pay
>>  > SGI for their own controller.  Ebay is replete with EISA and PCI fddi
>>  > cards that I hope work with Indigo2s and Octanes respectively.
>>
>>  Your best bet would be a DEC or Cisco EISA card. I don't know of any
>>  I2 that did PCI.
>>
>>  -Jon

I don't but I've seen them about $400 on ebay.  They come up once
every 6 months or so.  I don't even have an octane yet.  Thats coming
probably after the first of the year at this rate.  (I had HOPED to
have it now but I keep getting more damn BILLS.)  so for now I have
an Indigo2.  So the EISA comes first, then the PCI one.