[rescue] my NPR interview is up!

gonufer rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 11:25:30 CDT 2001

james at foonly.com wrote:
> One thing I have been curious about, though, is how applications being
> displayed on Sunrays transmit their audio to the 'rays themselves.

It's just MUX'd in with the other info moving over the network link
(video display, USB, etc).

> Obviously they're still opening /dev/audio locally,

Each SunRay session has its own audio device, they don't use
"/dev/audio".  For bad apps that don't honor the AUDIODEV
environment variable, the SunRay software includes a
LD_PRELOAD'able object that intercepts opens of /dev/audio
and replaces the file name with the AUDIODEV filename.

-greg