[rescue] Bill on NPR

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 21:26:03 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 08:48:03PM -0500, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
>   This afternoon, on my way home from work, I was listening to the NPR program
> "All Things Considered".  They started talking about a new game coming out
> called "Majestic" and they interviewed none other than our prestigious
> SunHelp leader...Bill Bradford.  At first I thought, "well, maybe this is
> another Bill Bradford", but the voice was unmistakable...and the fact that
> they
> mentioned he was a UNIX admin for Broadwing in Austin, TX. confirmed it all.
> Congrats Bill...but do tell...how did you get picked?

I think they saw the article in this past Saturday's Austin-American
Statesman (which said I worked for Broadwing), then they called me
at work and got my extension via the switchboard.

Here's the RealAudio of the interview, or at least my section:

http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/atc/20010730.atc.04.rmm

(and no, i didnt get paid or anything other than a "cool, i'm on NPR!")

About five people have emailed me so far.  "was that you?" 8-)

I just hope I didnt sound like a dork.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford