[rescue] Interesting board (Force SPARC CPU-10/9U)

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 19:55:46 CDT 2001

I was just moving fans around in electric bill economy mode and found this
little guy, a VME SPARCstation 10-type board from what I can tell.

		http://home.indyramp.net/~rnovak/piccies/force/

I bought it at the first swap meet I went to out here in California, about
two years ago.

When I bought it, the guy pointed out the one missing memory chip on the
board (see
http://home.indyramp.net/~rnovak/piccies/force/10Board-02-FrontMemCloseup.JPG
for the location) and I thought I'd get around to finding a replacement
chip and trying to make it work. Never got around to it.

I've plugged it in once, not realizing at the time that I had to put an
mbus CPU onto the board. Oops. It did seem to power up but didn't go
anywhere.

If anyone's interested in it for repair or ornamental purposes, ten bucks
will get it to you in the continental US. If not, it may go up on my
computer room wall one of these days.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows