[rescue] ARGH

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 11:36:30 CDT 2001

Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> Come Thursday, I'm ditching Windows forever in favor of
> MacOS X (unix baybee..)

Why Thursday?  Are Apple finally releasing a usable version then or
something?

Anyway, there's nowt wrong with running Windows, just as long as you
remember that it's an application, not an OS.  It runs just fine for
me in vmware.  With NAT.  And no email.  I run it for two Winduhs apps
only.  Amipro* (and Lyx is getting almost good enough for me to stop
using that) and Autoroute.  Just as soon as someone releases an
Open Sores route finder which:
  a) actually works, and
  b) has sufficiently complete maps or can use Autoroute's map files
then I'll ditch Winduhs for good.

But I'll continue to use IE on my Mac.

This reminds me, I really should try one of the recent builds of wine.
Right now I'm using a January 2000 release :-)

* - yes, I'm using a word processor from 1992.  Why should I change when
it does everything I want?

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson