[rescue] Way off Topic from the off topic subject ... was Re: OT: Solaris for Intel

Paul Zibaila rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 09:19:35 CDT 2001

While were hashing about old 8 bit machines and old RS Coco machines in
particular.
There are several parts and pieces still available out there for these.
memory expansions, scsi interface, an ide interface, high speed serial
interface, an optimized OS-9 opsys
called NitrOS-9 that requires the Hitachi 6309 that has a couple extra
registers hidden away
on a 6809 replacement chip ... There is plans for an ethernet expansion
board ...
Yeah I have a couple of these in the stack in the dungeon :-)
Had one on the dungeon net on running telnet & ftp over a slip connection
several years ago.

They were and are neat little boxes to play with.
The have a meeting of the zealot's pretty much every year in Chicago and we
even had one
out here in Pittsburgh Pa, that brought in people from Australia and
Manitoba Canada (IIRC)

Message: 11