[rescue] Beginner VAX

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 00:04:43 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 12:08:51AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On July 26, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > >   The VAXstation 3100 family is small, cheap, quick enough to be
> > > useful, and very forgiving hardware-wise.  They pull very little
> > > power, produce very little heat, and have more personality than a lot
> > > of people I've known.
> >
> > my VAX 4000 boxes are medium sized, fast as hell, and pretty easy going
> > hardware-wise.  They pull a lot of power, produce a ton of heat, and have
> > more personality than your entire lot of 3100 boxes. :)
>
>   Ok, I'm back.  Take a peek at http://www.neurotica.com/vax/vax4000.
> Fresh from the CompactFlash card, taken in my machine room five
> minutes ago.  Muahahhaaaa! ;)

Care to list the specs on said VAX?

BTW, the dieing VAX at work I mentioned a few weeks ago.  The replacement
software is being coded, and it seems that this machine doesn't have to go
back to the IT dept. for delisting (another words, I most likely know the
people who will be disposing of it).  I let it be know that I can find a
good and loving home for it.  We'll see if it ends up heading my way
instead of the dumpster.

--
Joshua D. Boyd