[rescue] WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 20:16:22 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 07:28:05PM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:

> I was under the impression that a quad-width q-bus slot could not accomodate
> two dual-wide cards.

there are two different QBus slots.  Q/Q and Q/CD.  Q/CD is Qbus on the top
slot and the bottom slot is, i think just power?  or something, beats me,
someone else will have to step in here, or it's used for newer CPUs and memory
to talk to each other, or something.  Q/Q is a dual-width slot above a
dual-width slot.  so if you don't put two half-width cards in you need a grant
cont. card in the other slot. and quad width cards can't use the bottom QBus,
just leech it for power and they have to do grant cont.

it's probably best that someone else explains this (dave? bob? anyone?) since
i'm really not good at explaining stuff without visual aids and the ability
to flail my arms around italian style when i talk. :)

-brian