[rescue] WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 18:28:04 CDT 2001

sambo at charm.net writes:

>I wonder if that offer would be open to others as well? I'd love to get
>my hands on a VAX for almost exactly the smae reasons (my own education,
>not my wife's). There's a shop near me with two of them (VAXStation
>3000, I think), but the guy wants ~$150 each, which seems horribly
>unreasonable to me. He says he doesn't care if he sells 'em or not. He
>seems to think he'll get his price from someone for "collector value".

He's insane.

A microvax I or a vaxstation 8000 have "collector's value". The other
models were so mass produced, their street value these days is somewhere
in the vicinity of "free".

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------