[rescue] WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 10:31:09 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 04:18:29AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> ok, where the hell does one go about getting a CRATE of PDP-11 stuff?  i'm
> REALLY curious.

I've got a blurb at the top of pdp11.org about "dont throw out your
stuff - we can give it a good home".  Had a guy from the U. of Arizona
email me a couple months ago, and he's cleaning out the stuff he's collected
over the years (from pdp-12 to LSI-11 stuff, sadly, all of the -12 stuff
is documentation and no hardware).  I'm getting about 1-2 boxes (think
20 lbs of paper!) of documentation a week from him, and got the "big load"
of hardware yesterday.

> let us know what you got!!  also, let me know what you're sending to me. :)

Here's a short list.  I havent dug into the crate yet...:

>In addition to the
>11/60 and UNIBUS expansion cage, this includes an 11/23 in the short
>(tiny) cabinet, an 11/03 and additional Qbus cages, two RX01's, an
>RK05J (dusty, it all needs blowing out first), and an RK11VD (Digital's
>RK05 controller for Qbus, limited, alas, to 16 bit addressing.)

> the VAX 6000 in the driveway wasn't enough of a tip off? :)

I'm sure they think I work for the government.  When I finally met one
of my nearby neighbors a few months ago he was like "I guess you do
computers, huh"

> you're playin' with the big dogs now. :)

Dude, have you ever seen pictures?  I *am* a big dog. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net