[rescue] WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 07:14:24 CDT 2001

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Should you choose to go the VAX route, contact me privately...I can
> help you obtain a useful machine for minimal cash outlay.

Hi. Welcome back. Glad to see you couldn't stay away.

I wonder if that offer would be open to others as well? I'd love to get
my hands on a VAX for almost exactly the smae reasons (my own education,
not my wife's). There's a shop near me with two of them (VAXStation
3000, I think), but the guy wants ~$150 each, which seems horribly
unreasonable to me. He says he doesn't care if he sells 'em or not. He
seems to think he'll get his price from someone for "collector value".

Thanks,

---sambo