[rescue] WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 00:29:57 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 01:01:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Another very good choice would be the Motorola 68000 family.
>   Should you choose to go the VAX route, contact me privately...I can
> help you obtain a useful machine for minimal cash outlay.

I've got a few MicroVAXen around here as well, for anybody interested
in playing with one.

Also got a huge CRATE of PDP-11 stuff today (4' tall, 5' wide, 2.5'
deep), but havent had a chance to do much more than pry the lid off and
"ooh" and "ahh" before I had to go back to work...

My neighbors must think I'm crazy, having stuff on pallets offloaded
from semi-trailer trucks during my lunch hour.  On the guys' work
manifest, his deliveries today were like:

"APPLIED MATERIALS"

"LUCENT"

"AMD"

"BILL BRADFORD"