[rescue] WTB: Good 'antique' computer for education

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 22:38:45 CDT 2001

Uhm, what does she want to learn *really* - if she want to learn about 20
year old hardware specifically, and general architecture - then you should
acquire an older "real" computer...

My advise would be to find a box that was *designed* to be a trainer - maybe
a small computer with I/O capabilities (analog/digital ports), like a
siteplayer or a basic pic...

If you go for a big honkin' box, you will get overwhelmed  with minutia that
has nothig to do with general architecture, and more to do with one
implementation of a design...

To learn the way most of us did (imersion) really only works if you are
*rabidly* passionate about the topic, IMHO...

Ken