[rescue] OT: Solaris for Intel

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 18:06:33 CDT 2001

>I was trying to make an analogy.  IE:
>
>95 is to NT as:

In my experience, NT is much more stable than 95.

>ME is to 2000

Again, for me, 2k is much more stable than ME.

>Linux is to Dos

In this case, I'm not sure the analogy fits very well at all!

>OSX is to OS9

Never used OS-9, but I know it's been around a long time.  Isn't it a
fairly popular RTOS among the VME vendors?  For some reason I also
associate it with the Motorola 6809 cpu (such as used in the old at Shack
color computer), but I may be way off base there.  I'm not sure that
comparing an embedded RTOS to a desktop OS makes much sense, either.  (I'm
assuming that OSX refers to the new Mac operating system, correct?)

newell