[rescue] Re: OT: Solaris for Intel

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 13:04:20 CDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, joshua d boyd wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:24:03AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >
> > I have to say, Win2K *is* the best Windows yet.. My box at work here never
> > reboots/locks up unless I reboot it on purpose..
>
> And why do you reboot it on purpose?

Hot-swapping non-hotswap PCI cards BAD, mmkay? :)

(just guessing... main reason I shut down or reboot is to add new hardware
or update the OS, both of which usually involve rebooting. I used to
hot-swap floppy drives on my 386 but that was sorta playing with fire.
Wouldn't do it with a $1000 system. Often, at least.)

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows