[rescue] OT: Solaris for Intel

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 12:52:05 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 11:45:36AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 12:37:09PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> <snip>
> > Err, they would be as similarly crash-resistant as NT and 95 are.
>
> NT/2K is DEFINITELY more crash-resistant than 95/ME.
>
> I dont see datacenters (or Telcos, like the one I work at) running
> applications on top of Win95. 8-)

I was trying to make an analogy.  IE:

95 is to NT as:
ME is to 2000
Linux is to Dos
camero is to mustang
OSX is to OS9

You know, like from the SATs.  The part that you snipped is the statement
that I was addressing where someone mumbled something about expecting ME
to be able the same as 2K.

--
Joshua D. Boyd