[[rescue] flamewar question: Perl]

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 19:14:47 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 07:05:28PM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:
> >ObRescue: Hey, got my SPARCserver 670 running today, in a 3/60 case, so
> Can you explain the ethernet port issue? I've put a 4/400 in a 3/50
> case before, so I know about the console serial port problem, but
> what with the AUI port?

Apparently, the AUI port needs +12V to drive a transceiver, and it wants
these from the leftmost VME connector (which is, of course, not
connected in a 3/60 case.) You can patch that by running a cable from
the VME connector that supplies the power to the opposite one. (But
don't ask me which one, I haven't patched my board yet as I don't need a
transceiver at the moment.)

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

Cats are smarter than dogs. You could never make eight cats pull a sled
through deep snow.