[rescue] Installing Solaris 8 on SS20

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 16:13:15 CDT 2001

I always fumble around with this stuff myself, but here is what I think
happened...

1) Your boot partition is maybe too big - 2 Gig is about the limit (IIRC)

2) Your new drive needs a label - you need to boot off CD-ROM, open a
terminal
   session (right click on desktop after install is up) and then run the
command
   format. Select your drive, label it, and then write the label and exit.

3) Once labeled, the install should go fine...

4) The boot image needs to be in the first 2 Gig on the drive (IIRC).

That should get you going... If you are still stuck, don't hesitate to
write back to the list!

Ket us know how it ends up,

Ken