[rescue] Sun SS5 question

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 14:11:58 CDT 2001

Can the SS4 or SS5 machine boot via dhcp and tftp?  I'm just having an
insanely difficult time getting rarpd going on my linux machines (the
rarp situation got rearranged going from kernel 2.2 to 2.4, but non of my
distro's installed where made for 2.4), but non of my fun toys (SS2,
Javastation, 4/470) will go without it.

Once these machines are going, I then need to figure out what I'm going to
do about the HP.  It doesn't seem to like the 1024x768 monitor that I was
planning on using with it.  Come fall, if things go well, I will have a
better spare monitor, but the KVM switch I have hates higher resultions,
and I don't have room for two spares (IE, old spare on KVM for other
systems, new spare on HP).

--
Joshua D. Boyd