[rescue] all you really need!

John Honniball rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 08:50:30 CDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:03:28 -0400 Brian Hechinger
<wonko at arkham.ws> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 02:53:51PM -0400, Gil Young wrote:
... (eBay URL for Amstrad PPC640) ...
> > It doesn't get any better than this.
>
> wow.  now, i'm not a fan of PC hardware, but that is SWEET!!
>
> i'll fight ya for it!

I have one of these things, and I doubt you'd say that if
you'd actually seen one!  Amstrad machines were really
quite naff*, especially in the keyboard area.  I have used
mine, though, plugged into the car's 12V power and
recording data from a GPS.

* naff, adj. substandard in design and/or construction.
Unfashionable, second-rate.  (See Amstrad)

:-)

--
John Honniball
Email: John.Honniball at uwe.ac.uk