[[rescue] flamewar question: Perl]

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 03:53:35 CDT 2001

Bran Tregare <tregare at rit.com> wrote:

> After working with it, for trying to get back into my job field, I wish
> that someone would port Visual Basic over to Solaris/X...... I like the
> easy assembly of the GUI tied to my basic coding...

Buuuuurn the heretic!  And burn me for the same herey while you're at it.

Have you looked at Glade?  It's a visual interface building thing which
can also create function prototypes for you, and I *think* it generates
all the code for the event loop too.  It's not tied to any particular
language either, which is Good.  Requires gtk.

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson