[rescue] flamewar question: Perl

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 22 20:26:40 CDT 2001

I used IBM 370 assembler to code a *trivial* accounting package for a 8 week
course at a technical school (Computer Learning Center - circa 1985-1986. We used
*coding forms* and got three runs a day - once before lunch, once before the end
of class, and once overnight... That was an austere environment to work in... For
those that don't know, a coding form is a sheet of graph paper held sideways, and
you write your code inside the little boxes, then you submit your forms to an
operator/key punch person that takes your "hand written" code and puts it into
card-image files for later execution...

Ken