[rescue] flamewar question: Perl

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 22 15:04:50 CDT 2001

BASIC, Pascal, Pilot, Forth, FORTRAN, C, COBOL, 370 Assembler, Perl, Java, PHP
- that's my progression.

I tried C++ between 370 Assembler nad Perl, and did not like it one bit...

FORTRAN was a school requirement, COBOL/370 Assembler was a Job Requirement,
the rest was by choice...

Introductary courses at MIT are not the same as intro courses at the local
community college, remember. How many folks arrive at MIT and *never*
programmed computers? Anything counts, Logo, BASIC, C, Pilot (!), etc...

Ken