[rescue] autoshutdown/noautoshtdown in Solaris 8

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 21 16:39:05 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 04:04:16PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Exactly.  power daemon is a stupid thing to have on a UNIX box...

Okay, let me clarify - "a power daemon is a stupid thing to have on
a *server*".  I can see where it would come in handy with a "used only
for client purposes/web browsing/etc" machine on someone's desktop.

personally, I dont use it on any of my machines.  If I'm going to
be away from the box for > 1 hour, I turn off the monitor as I walk
out of the room. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford