[rescue] doubt regarding wireles ethernet...

David Rouse rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 20 12:09:59 CDT 2001

On Thursday, July 19, 2001, at 09:53  AM, Big Endian wrote:

> Actually what he wants to do is doable theoretically... I'm going to
> converse with him off list and see if we can come up with something.
> He's trying to upconvert the 20mhz manchester of 10bt to RF for
> transmission.

That certainly counts as more nifty than PPP. But it just seems odd to
want to do that, especially if the equiptment is setup to handle serial
data (or am I missing something?). Would there be any reason to believe
that he could move data faster than PPP, or could he have more than two
computers on the same radio ethernet "hub" without resorting to
reinventing the wireless ethernet standards?

--
David Rouse