[rescue] Re: Q: SunPC (SBUS) card - it has no slot cover...

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 20 09:41:29 CDT 2001

> > Also, Solaris 2.6 is the last release of Solaris that supported that
> > card, right?
>
> Yup (unless anyone has managed to hack something?).

2.6 is the latest OS which supported it officially.  I've been meaning to
try the 2.6 -> patch -> SunPC -> patch -> 2.7 upgrade trick, but haven't
gotten around to it.

BTW, if you install SunPC 4.2, you NEED to patch it with the latest SunPC
patch to be found under the Solaris 2.6 patches.  It's not part of the big
cluster...  It makes SunPC run MUCH better.  (and increases drive size from
128M to 512M).

George