[rescue] Re: SCA Cables

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 19 05:37:09 CDT 2001

Shaun--

Most applications that I've seen where SCA drives =

are used, the drives plug directly into a backplane,
like the Sun storage array devices, and even the
Sun Ultra10, Ultra60, E250, etc.  The only machines
I've seen where the SCA drive is cabled somewhere is
the SparStation 4 and SparcStation 5.  So these =

cables are short little thingies that basically
only got from the motherboard to the drive-- about
an inch or so. And these guys are male on both end.
In the photo on the site, the upper connector is =

facing away from the camera.  I can't say I've
ever seen another SCA cable...  I have run SCA
drives, though, on 50 pin and 68 pin cables with
SCA to xx pin adapters without any problems...

---- Harry J. Regan
---- Phone: 202.310.2719
---- FAX:   202.478.0868
---- harry.regan at usa.net =