[rescue] What PCI Video cards are usable with a Sun Ultra AXi board?

Corda Albert J DLVA rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 12:03:49 CDT 2001

I recently came across a rackmount enclosure that had an Ulltra AXi board
hidden inside it (with the 366 Mhz cpu :-)... quite a nice surprise!
Unfortunately, it was stripped, so I now need a pci video card that will
work
with this critter.   I've downloaded the manual and other relevant stuff
from
the sun site, but the only two cards they say will work  (besides their
sun-badged video card) are the ATI Xpert 98 and ATI 3D Charger.  Has
anyone had any luck using other pci video cards with this critter? (i.e.
matrox, S3, 3dfx, etc?) There is a place here that has a pci Xpert 128,
but I'd hate to pick it up, onlyto find that it's useless (the place that
has
it doesn't take returns).

-Thanks in  advance!
-al