[rescue] which is better, faster, stronger?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 16 16:26:43 CDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Raptor is the same as a PGX32 (same card).  Creator 2D will be fastest,
> and have hardware OpenGL.

C2D does not have h/w z-buffering.  OpenGL apps will be relatively slow
though the better bandwidth to the card will still make it faster than the
Raptor and PGX.

> The *only* time I'd use a Raptor/PGX32 is if the onboard video in a
> U5/U10 was the crappy PGX8 (2meg) variety.

Or if you needed another graphics head on a system and didn't have any
available UPA slots.

-James [Ultra 30/Elite3D/Creator3D/PGX32/SunPCi/USB]