[rescue] FS/FT: Machine of the week... SS/10sx (Yes, SX)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 15 21:30:27 CDT 2001

Hello all,

Well, as much fun as I thought it would be, I find myself with this SS/10sx that I have no use for. This machine has txo SM-51s, (for SMNP support ;^), six or seven (not sure, assume six, hope for seven) 16 Meg DIMMs, and an 8 Meg VSIMM for SS/10sx (only).

As I am sure we all know, this would make a great 24 bit graphics desktop machine, with plenty of room to grow as MBUS modules drop in price over the next few months...

There are *no* internal HDs, nor are there any HD mounting brackets included in this box (sorry, just don't have any).

This machine is very clean, and is quite snappy for general end-user use.

What I would like is $175 for this machine + actual S/H and another $10 for packing material (I am, amazingly, out of styrofoam peanuts and suitable boxes so I will have to buy new).

If I don't get any real interest in this box by, say, Tuesday night, I'll list it on eBay and hope for the best - but I wanted to give the list first crack at it.

On the Subject line you may note I also mentioned FT as well as FS - I would like to get an 8 Meg VSIMM for an SS/20, and would accept that as partial trade for this machine (but geez - who paid $400 for an 8 Mb VSIMM!?!?!? See: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1249281461 )

Thanks for your interest,

Ken