[rescue] Would this IBM drive work in a Sparc5?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 14 09:42:14 CDT 2001

Sorry, it appears to be a 1.6" high drive - the max. you can install in
an SS/5 without minor surgery (to a piece of plastic) is 1" high drives.

If you put a 1.6" drive in (by "fixing" the carrier/tray), you can not
put a second drive inside.

Sunguk on eBay has $100 1" 10K SCA drives for sale that are 18 Gig...

Ken