[rescue] Test reporting

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 13 09:20:07 CDT 2001

I know that some people here have worked in labs before.  I work in one
now.

I've been charged with designing/implementing a new unified test
reporting (with minor summarying) system (currently, each test is reported
by a dbase program that was designed just for that test.  We want one
program that can report all tests.

One thought is a system written in Access that lets an average person tell
the system what measurements will be taken at what point in the process,
and how to summarize things.  However, I think that we are not the first
place to ever do testing, so a prewritten solution must already exist
somewhere.  I believe I've heard that some LIMS systems have nice
reporting features that would take care of everything here, except they
don't want an off the self LIMS system.

I'm not looking forward to doing this as one big Access thing,
nor am I looking forward to reimplementing each test report program in a
new system (most likely Excel), which is the other current alternative.

--
Joshua D. Boyd