[rescue] Cisco WS-C1201 w/WS-C151[14]

Neil McNeight rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 12 14:54:48 CDT 2001

> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 02:41:22 -0400
> From: Brian Hechinger <wonko at arkham.ws>
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>
> also, what is a 1511/1514?  just curious, since he goes into detail of
> the 1201 but never really even mentions the 151[14] at all.  i put a bid
> in for $1, we'll see what happens. (i'm currently the high bidder!!)

I'm now high bidder on one of the other two C1201's, so look out :)

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca1200/index.shtml
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/catalyst/cat12icg/61644.htm

According to the second:

WS-C1511--DAS multimode FDDI, which accepts FDDI media interface
connectors (MICs)

WS-C1514--DAS single-mode FDDI, which accepts standard FDDI ST-type
connectors

I think I've seen fiber cables with the MIC connectors over at Property
Dispo for $5/each, so I might head on over there in the near future and
pick them all up. I'm not sure I'll ever use them tho', as FDDI sbus cards
are apparently unsupported by *BSD and Linux :/

-Neil

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." | Neil McNeight
                        -Mahatma Gandhi            | mcneight at umich.edu