[rescue] RAID (was Re: Insane drives)

P Nutton rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 12 10:55:57 CDT 2001

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 02:31:01PM -0500, Scott Newell wrote:
> >
> > Something I've been wondering about--can you collect dead
> SCSI drives that
> > use the same mechanism and replace the FC board with the
> SCSI board?
> >
> > I'd love to try if someone has a dead SCSI drive from the
> same series as
> > one of the many cheap FC drives floating around the surplus market.
>
> it should work.  if you take out the screws for the PCB , you
> will see it's
> attatched to the drive with a small set of pins.
>
> don't have any spare anything laying around here to try with
> though. sorry.
>
> -brian
>
> ps: i may have to start colellecting the PCB boards from HDDs now. :)

Done it with SCSI drives to convert a few ex-pc Seagate SCSI drives to
central 80-ribbon connectors from the PC off to one side connector. Tried
once with a FC drive to convert, didn't work (don't know why). All the
cables matched, though. These were SUN9.0G.
--
Paul Nutton, naff company disclaimer to follow....

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.