[rescue] RE: Things that go *crash* in the UPS truck...

Chris Terwilliger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 20:44:47 CDT 2001

> This message reminds me of two rules I have.
>
> 1. I do not ship monitors unless in original carton.
>
> 2. I */never/* ship anything via UPS.
>
> -Mike

UPS often gets a bad rap.  I've shipped over 50 items this year with UPS,
about 15 of them Sparc 5's.  Not one problem.  It's all about the packing.

Three packing rules:

1. New box
2. minimum of 2 inches between wrapped item and box on all sides
3. lots of bubble wrap...

I don't ship monitors, but I know a guy locally who does.  He says you have
to "be one with the monitor" and "feel it's pain" when you pack it.  I'm not
sure what he smokes...

/// Chris Terwilliger
/// chris at searat.com