[rescue] RE: Things that go *crash* in the UPS truck...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 18:00:14 CDT 2001

I just shipped the Ultra 2 I recently sold to Japan - the cost was $275 FedEx
Priority...

The buyer had no complaints about the price (I assume he expected it), but
whatever the reason I went a little ape on the packaging... I put the Ultra 2
in an old PC Case box (the box the case came in - with a little trimming, the
Ultra 2 fit right between the two styrofoam pieces, filled the rest with
peanuts and bubble wrap), but decided that wasn't enough protection (the
faceplate was *very close* to the side of the box), so I decided to "double
box" it. The overpack box was 24"x24"x16" (oversize), and the weight was
nearly 40 pounds, but the machine is solidly in place, and has atleast 2" of
foam peanuts between the two boxes, just like it is supposed to...

That Ultra 2 will get there fine (maybe by Friday!), but damn, that is a lot
of shipping charges!

Ken