[rescue] SGI stock @ 53 cents

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 17:39:52 CDT 2001

Buy the company, buy the debt - I bet they owe more than $100M US...

Having said that, I just placed an order for 200 shares at $.65/share (a
limit order) - this will be the first stock I own that i *bought* under
$1/share!

I have a few shares of Netpliance that are priced so low that I'd most
likely lose on the trade (stock worth $15, my 401K charges more than that
for a trade...) But, I only have a few dozen shares of Netpliance.

Then there is Red Hat @ $4/share - yesh, I can remember when... (Heck, Red
Hat paid for my Graduate School - quickly flipped some friends and family
shares, paid a lot of taxes, but *covered* my complete tuition *and* money
besides, so no real complaints, but I should have never gone back in...)

I try and avoid picking stocks now, my portfolio is doing much better
necause of that decision...

Ken