[rescue] RE: Things that go *crash* in the UPS truck...

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 14:50:00 CDT 2001

> My new rule - if a monitor is not shipped in it's original
> carton, I have no interest in it, period. No matter what the deal.

I generally try to buy monitors locally and pick-up
to save on shipping, but then I do that with systems
too.

Out of 2 GDM-1962s, 2 17E20s, and a 20E20 which I've
had shipped here, all arrived in good working order
(to Maryland, from CA/TX/IL/WA).

If you're really leary, get a monitor shipped by someone
who can do the air foam (form-fitting)...that's how the
20E20 was shipped, and it's really the only adequate
substitute for the original packaging.

--
Rip Loomis
Senior Systems Security Engineer, SAIC CIST