[rescue] Insane drives

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 09:10:29 CDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, joshua d boyd wrote:

> On the school machine, pine seems to have it's own editor.  mutt, which I
> just installed on the other hand defaults to vi.  I helpfully informed it
> that pico is a better choice.

If you go into the Setup, there is a configuration item called
something like alternative-editor.  There you specify vi, emacs,
whatever floats your boat.  Then there is also an option to
implicitly invoke the alternative editor.  Turn that on also.
THEN whenever you go into the body of your message, pine saves
it to a temporary file and invokes your editor.

And I will refrain from commenting on vi vs. pico =)

--Kurt