[Re: [rescue] RAIP]

Michael Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 03:13:28 CDT 2001

>I've heard of people running two 68HC11 microprocessors with one memory
>bus--one CPU runs on a inverted clock signal, so the memory accesses are=

>out of phase, and the two CPUs don't see each other.  Use some external
>hardware to implement semaphores or interlocking, and you could have the=

>software communicate through the shared memory.

Wouldn't it be easier, in all applicable respects, to lash them together
with the MOSI/MISO pins, and use separate memory? I know some people
who have done a huge amount with work with the HC11 for mobile robotics.
Search for Karl Lunt, Kevin Ross, and Bill Harrison at:
www.seattlerobotics.org

Lunt and Ross both worked extensively on freeware development tools for
the HC11, and Bill Harrison built a legged mobile platform with =

4 68HC11s controlling its movement.

Anyone want prototyping boards for the HC11? check out Marvin Green's
BotBoard and BotBoard 2.