[rescue] Insane drives

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 11 02:07:08 CDT 2001

Greg--
Ummm...I don't concur.

If an e-mail is sent as a private, non-
archived mail to a small set of well-known
folks, then context is not necessarily
important.  Even in that situation, though,
it may be productive to include some
excerpt from the original discussion so
that folks who come back from vacation and
rejoin the discussion can keep the context
straight.

On a mailing list such as this, which is
worldwide, archived, and *some* of us only
get an hour or so a day to *try* to keep
up...well, I'll never tell anyone that they're
required to include more context, but I
do believe that it helps.

I also think that Joshua should perhaps
take the time to unlearn pine and learn
mutt or some other mail reader...but the
(apparent) default behavior of pine on his
system isn't the default behavior of pine
that I'm used to...  Hey, at least he isn't
stuck using the $%&*()*&^%$%%^&*( Microsoft
Outhouse Web Access crapola...

Just my itty-bitty-tiny input.

  --Rip